Binary Browser V8.6 (Professional Edition - April 20, 2019)
This program is intended for software companies, programmers and web developers. In addition to hexadecimal editing, many tools which are necessary for almost any user are included.
Some built in facilities make program user friedly:
- "Tree Compare" tool contains what you need for comparison of folders or files.
Thus you can keep track of changes in 2 intances of data (between current data and different backups, project/solution folders, web sites . etc.)
You can compare two sections of the same document. You can even compare parts of documents skipping others. Differents modes of file comparison are available (text/binary, line/word oriented skipping white spaces .etc.)
- With "Tree History" tool, you can keep history of changes of files in a folder called "Source". History is kept in another folder called "History" and restored in a third folder called "Restore". At any time you can preview time changes of the original folder, eventually restore any instance. You can as well, preview data in 2 instances. Comparison can be either virtual (without restoring the instances) or real after restoring the specified instances in "Restore" folder. Special functions such as history of a selected file, can be used. File History displays the changes in file starting from the first backup instance in which the file was added.
- "Find" function can be used to search for files satisfying a set of conditions. The resulting files can be added to workspace for other processing (compare, search, copy, move, delete .etc.) In case of complicated search criterion, you can start searching files satisfying loose conditions, add resulting files to workspace then use the "Search Workspace" function to refine search (you can then use marking colors, parial data comparison .etc.)
- You can set folders and files to be excluded from Compare,copy, history or search operation. The operation will be performed as if excluded items did not exist at all. Usually excluded items are intermediate frequently changing files.
- It supports enhanced regular expressions which can be generated and visually edited by "REX Wizard". Regular expressions can be used in advanced search/replace operations, file/folder exclude filters .etc.
- "Struct Wizard" helps the user define and view simple and compound data structures. Can be used to display contents of ASCII, UNICODE or binary files. or compound files or streams in compound storages. Scripts are used in displaying structured data inside files. You define how your file data (or part of it) is structured, then apply the script to similar files.
A structure contains one or more members. A member can be either a simple data type (characters, bytes, words, double words, 64-bit etc), a previously defined structure or an array (of simple data type or previously defined structure)
A member can be defined anywhere (before or after the parent structure).
- Special functions can be used in managing file duplicates, Internet shortcuts, compound files (storages and streams), shell shortcuts, unicode files .etc.
- You can use palette colors in marking specific locations for analysis of structured data, debugging or training purposes.
- With History Wizard, you can restart the history of changes of documents during a session and replay the changes. This feature is also integrated with REX so that you can undo a script and review the steps. This feature can be extended to next sessions, i.e. you can Do/Undo what was edited in previous sessions.
- Easy access to Favorite locations, folders, files and workspaces. All workspace data, including options and layout, can be saved and loaded later.
- Emergency Exit feature allows quitting the program instantaneously, if you have no time to take decision whether to save some documents or not, to undo or redo some modifications .etc. Next session, you can undo, redo or edit as if there were no session interruption.
Some screenshots (resolution 1024x768) are shown below (click on images to enlarge):
Shareware: Free to try, $135 if you decide to keep
For Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
||(file size = 4.4 MB) |
|For any comment contact us
To buy this product click the "Register Now" icon:
Papyrus Software home